I’m in my mid-30s, which seems like the right time to develop a “grown woman” skincare routine. After some experimentation, I have finally found a lineup of safe, nontoxic products that make my skin glow. I feel like I’m pampering myself every time I do this routine, which includes natural face serums and oils. I keep things similar for morning and night, with a few small changes.
Day Time Skincare Routine:
- After the shower, I apply Klorane Floral Water Makeup Remover with Soothing Cornflower, a micellar cleanser and alcohol-free toner. I like to start the day with a freshly cleaned face.
- Once a week, I will use the newly-released MyChelle Ultra Hyaluronic Water Mask, which leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft. Hyaluronic acid helps your skin hold water and look naturally plump.
- After I wash off the mask, I pat on Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum, which can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, redness, and even dark under-eye circles.
- Next, I gently apply a bit of La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Eyes around my eyes. This French-pharmacy product addresses eye puffiness.
- For more hyaluronic acid power, I use the new MyChelle Ultra Hyaluronic Cream on my neck and face. On its own, this isn’t a heavy enough moisturizer for my dry skin. But I swear it makes my skin glow.
- To give my dry skin some extra love, I use Avene Skin Recovery Cream next. It’s non-comedogenic and works nicely with makeup.
- I wait about 5 minutes, and then apply my absolute favorite mineral sunscreen, DERMA E Natural Mineral Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30. It doesn’t leave a white film.
- After waiting about 20 minutes for everything to penetrate, I spritz on some Avene Thermal Spring Water to wake me up and calm my skin.
Night Time Skincare Routine:
At night, I do the same routine, but instead of the Avene Skin Recovery Cream, I apply a heavy layer of Viva Naturals Sweet Almond Oil. It’s packed with natural vitamin E, zinc, potassium, proteins, and fats and gives me the extra boost of moisture I need overnight. I also skip the sunscreen before bed.
All of these products get a safe rating of 1 or 2 from the Environmental Working Group (EWG), which means they don’t contain any potentially-dangerous ingredients. Another reason to feel good about treating your skin kindly.